Thursday, April 26, 2007

good things come to those who wait

some of you may recall me whining about wanting a digital camera. i have 2 techno-kids, and hint strongly pre-any-special-occation-usually-involving-a-little-something-for-mum. but have struck out

till now!!!!

when i signed on with the telephone co for the phone & high speed internet @ the 'new' house, i struck gold!!! a free digital camera as a signing bonus. we do the dance of joy!

yes, i realize there are digital cameras and there are digital cameras... no doubt it's no great work of craftsmanship, and it certainly won't impress the techno-kids. but it IS a real live digital camera, and we have to start somewhere, don't we?

so now i have just the harp to finance, and a kayak...

i've recently learned that a fellow at work and his wife are avid kayakers. he's actually building one in their garage! this is showing promise. because, if they each have at least one, and he's building another... the math suggests there might be an extra one some day not too far away. and maybe they'd like like some company on a paddle...

patience.... patience..... good things come to those who wait

8 Comments:

Blogger lindsaylobe said...

Soon

Camera’s picture your winter blues
Essence in pictures of nature’s hues
Fresh snow melts first streams it makes
Sun beams glisten as spring it breaks

Camera’s ready for picturesque delight
Capture the rapids of the river in sight
First red blooms that bud in May
Snow Geese calls Granny-f away

5:15 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I'm sure you'll love it. Mine is relatively inexpensive and simple to operate but I have received so much pleasure from it. (The pics on my blog were done with the digital. It's quite forgiving of my ineptness).

11:31 AM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi,

I have two. The first was a cheapy But it got me hooked, and the second was much more expensive, but I just love the photos I take with it.

Janice~

10:11 PM  
Blogger clairesgarden said...

brilliant!!hope to see the results soon!!

11:52 PM  
Blogger tlchang said...

Hope your camera is treating you well.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I loved your profile - it's a hoot!

12:30 AM  
Blogger annulla said...

Congratulations on the camera. Have fun with it; can't wait to see your Waynorth photos.

Blather From Brooklyn

6:35 PM  
Blogger grannyfiddler said...

the camera fell through... phone co took so long to get me hooked up that the offer expired. now they want to give me a computer. not even a very good computer... blah, phooey.

8:38 AM  
Blogger DianeSchuller.com said...

where in Alberta do you live? I live near Hythe, Alberta. I'm guessing you might even be close by ... Grande Prairie perhaps?

Cheers,
Diane
www.dianeschuller.com
http://sandtoglass.blogspot.com/
http://dogsnaturally.blogspot.com/

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home