Wednesday, April 18, 2007

sigh

A day of neutrals

Dull grey sky

Darker grey mud

Lighter grey last remains of the snow

Dirty ochre bits of grass sprawling lethargically at the edges of drifts and roadways

Spring in northern Alberta.

Sent an email to a fellow in the field yesterday, not realizing that he had a 'twin' with the same name further afield… all our Devon branches are on the same network…. Canada, USA, Ivory Coast, Egypt….. So my message asking for a location for work this fellow had done went astray. Got a reply, saying 'I'm not THAT G W. I'm the G W in the USA." so, being a curious sort, I looked him up in the employee directory. He was in Houston, Texas. I emailed back that he should be grateful that he was in Houston, and not in northern Alberta … that there is still 3 feet of snow here. He emailed back that he was indeed VERY grateful. So I looked up the weather in Houston… they were having a coolish day… only +20C and a bit overcast. Sigh.

The weather forecast says there's a big snowstorm moving in. Sigh.

5 Comments:

Blogger clairesgarden said...

well I will be in Canada in three weeks time, arriving at Calgary and going 'north' for my friend to go skiing for a week, then back down to Nelson for a week. huge distances to travel but I understand thats normal for 'over there'
hope you're spring is here to stay and your move is going smoothly.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi,

I'm sorry it still gray over there, I'm sure will arrive eventually.

It was suppose to rain here, with temps in the low 60's.

Janice~

5:30 PM  
Blogger granny p said...

Bet you're looking forward to global warming. (Joke.) No, but I do sympathise. Endless weeks of the same (bad) weather does get you down. Here it's wind. Hope things improve soon.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

So, did it melt again?

6:37 AM  
Blogger grannyfiddler said...

thanks for the good wishes, folks. we didn't get the huge snowstorm... just an inch or 2. grumble. the forecast is for temps well above freezing for all of this week. in celebration i'm wearing sandals at work today. looks a bit goofy, walking past the piles of snow in the parking lot, i'm sure, but i'm finshed with winter. ....and i've packed my winter clothes up. they're at the bottom of the stack of boxes in the 'new house. the sun shineth!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home