Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tis the Season

in blog-cruising over my morning cuppa, wandered past a site inviting a haiku for the season. not a particularly gifted poet myself, i don't often attempt this, but was struck by a bolt of (i thought) inspiration. all things being relative, we must keep in mind that inspiration for a non-poet does not rank highly among those gifted by the muse, but i like it, so here it is.


season's gluttony
wholistic oblivion
darkening my soul

where are Peace, Love, Joy?
few wise ones are wandering
with gifts not pillage

look to the children
gift them with ancient wisdom
love of man and earth



and on a less serious note, i've finally got my new Mac, AND the beautiful digital SLR i've been lusting after for just ages, so am hoping over the holidays to learn how to use the things well enough to update the look of my blog and post a few pictures

Merriest Christmas!
make your feast hunred-mile style
gifting from the heart

6 Comments:

Blogger Zee said...

Though are precious now
even though no name is said
Christmas will be fine.

10:04 AM  
Blogger lindsaylobe said...

Nice haiku's and good news with the Mac computer.

I received an email recently from a Medical missionary I have corresponded in Malawi for many years, now back in Ireland –the simple message which graced the Christmas greetings immediately appealed to me so I pass it on to you at this time of the year also with my best wishes ~

May the Spirit of Christmas bring you peace, the gladness of Christmas give you hope, the warmth of Christmas grant you love with every good wish.

3:36 AM  
Blogger clairesgarden said...

ooh, yummy. new technology. may the spirit of christmas grant you understanding!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger grannyfiddler said...

Zee, Lindsay and Claire - thanks all, for the warm thoughts and good advice...

Christmas will be fine... yes, despite my fretting....

peace, hope and love... really, there isn't much more than that that's worth much, is there?

understanding... the thing i strive most for, most days, in big ways and in small.

Blessings on your feasts and gatherings over the season.

6:59 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Hi Diana,

I thought maybe I would leave wishes for a very merry Christmas here! Will write tomorrow - I have to dig out your address ... I am so pleased your Mac is there. Yippee! Photos ... your Christmas carol sounded lovely. Great harmonies! I loved it.

You have the muse, dear ... I thought your Haikus were good one!

11:13 PM  
Blogger gfid said...

can't seem to post here from the home computer... there's not silicone in my brain cells - they're all hand crafted from wood and clay and fabric....

and the filters at work won't seem to let me post a picture, so i'm moving.

come see my beauteous harp, and we'll have a housewarming party.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home